Tuesday 27 November 2007

Blog Three

Determined to keep my promise of at least one blog entry a week, I'm writing this blog from my sick bed. I've been struck down by a horrible flu-like virus that has completely pole-axed me for almost a week now. I've not managed to do any reading during my illness, which has been really annoying, as I've found that many of the readings on my MA have really shifting my perspective on things and I am really hungry to read more, but I just don't seem to be building up the momentum I was expecting, it's been a real stop start throughout, which is really frustrating.



However, since my last blog I have pushed things on at work. I've had an introduction to our Blackboard site and have set up my own course to experiment on, as well as convincing two colleagues to create a podcast with me (just got their agreement at this stage, still lots of work to do !). While at home, I'm beginning to take an interest in some PC games that originally came as part of my computer package and which have never even been out of their wrapping. This decision has partly been influenced by the Marc Prensky book that I have recently bought on Amazon (based on the "Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants" article read on my course) and a sudden interest in how games could be used as a teaching tool.

No comments: