Friday 16 November 2007

First Post !

Well here I am ! Taking my first GIANT step towards engagement with the Digital Age. This will hopefully be one of many blog messages I will post over the coming year, as I reflect on life whilst on my Online MA in New Literacies at the University of Sheffield.



I have to say I'm absolutely loving my MA (even if I'm not doing it justice at the moment in terms of the time I can commit to it) but the readings and practical tasks are giving me a fresh perspective on things and a well needed push towards embracing digital technologies both at work and at home.



To date I've sampled the delights of YouTube , signed up to Skype and had my first chatroom get together with colleagues from my course, all of which has been great fun, but this feels REALLY exciting ! A real act of creation ! I have some doubts as to whether I'll be motivated enough to keep my blog going in the long run, but for now I am curious as to where it will take me.





Nick hopes to be as relaxed and "Native" with the digital world as he was in Wales in August 2007


4 comments:

Jackie Marsh said...

Hi Nick, welcome to the blogosphere!
I find the best use of a blog is to post links to useful sites and papers that you might want to go back to at some point - and if your readers find these posts useful too, that's a bonus!
Happy blogging!

Kate said...

Hi Nick
Well done for doing your first post!
I like the way blogs are endlessly inventive and as Jackie says the links you can make are the fun bit!
Good luck!

DrJoolz said...

Wow!!! This is fabulous ... well done. Maybe now you can put Misti and Angelina on your link list?

Nick Haigh said...

Thanks for your comments, suggestions and encouragement. I'm really looking forward to developing my blog over the next few weeks. I didn't realise you'd posting comments before I uploaded my second, more straight forward,entry, otherwise I'd have given you a mention !